john harvey wrote:
> My WASP program uses memo fields to store code, so that when you make a
> selection from a dropdown, the code fires from the memo field. It allows me
> to add code without recompiling the exe, and since it is running on a fat
> client, I don't worry about it. People act like they work for the NSA or CIA
> and there are spooks out there trying to read the IR from their screens. If
> that is the case, then I think maybe a different strategy might be in order,
> and find a room with windows.

It's dangerous from the perspective of managing source code control
(SCC) perhaps, or that you can easily insert new code without the
traditional approaches; that said, the n-tier VFP open source project I
posted in the OpenTech forums uses a meta-table for the all of the SQL
definitions.

I think it comes down to:  how much code do you want under SCC versus
the flexibility you can achieve with somewhat "unconventional" (read:
"non-VFP thinkers") wisdom.

Now if you used text files (instead of tables), it'd be easier for SCC.

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC