(Typing with nine fingers... the doc put me in a splint to see if my
broken finger will repair itself. Hmmmph.)

So I've got this Thinkpad that I've set up with dual boot. XP and FC6.
Works like a charm. The trick is to install XP first, resize the
partitions so you've got extra, unused room, and then put FC in that
unused space. FC is smart enough to adjust the boot loader
appropriately, so that grub comes up with the choice of XP in the menu.
Pretty darn neat.

Note that this Thinkpad came with XP, but I blew it away and formatted
the entire disk.

Then I set this up with a copy of XP that I want to put on another
machine. So I dug out the rescue disks for this Thinkpad, run the
installer for the rescue disks, and I expect it to do what it says it's
going to do - (1) format the hard disk, (2) install the rescue routines
in a hidden partition, and (3) install XP from the rescue partition.

Everything 'appears' to work, but upon startup, nothing has changed. My
grub menu with FC and the old install of XP are still there, and
pressing F11 to use the recovery files doesn't work. The machine beeps
until I let go, then my grub menu displays.

Evidently something didn't 'take', but instead of spending the rest of
the day goofing around with it, I thought I'd ask first...

Whil