From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Peter Cushing
Sent: 07 February 2007 16:25
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: Re: To flush or not to flush, that is the question

Graham Brown (CompSYS) wrote:
> btw the scenario I have is exactly as you say, a parameters table holding
> the next available number.
I had a bit of a problem a couple of years ago with the same scenario
but we had two systems accessing the parameter table.  The first was our
old FPD 2.6 system and the other our newer VFP7 system.  It appeared
that VFP was cacheing the table and could not tell that the old system
had updated it, even though we were using RLOCK() then unlock etc.  What
I had to do to make it work was get VFP to close the table after it had
got the number.  It gave me a right headache with duplicate barcode
numbers. :-(

Peter