I've been hearing about geothermal since I did a
report on it in 4Th grade.  It ain't ever going to
happen here.

Solar and Wind work now and should be on everyone's
homes shortly.

By the way, we've cut our house gas and electric bills
by $600 this year.  We did it by only cooling and
heating the rooms we were in.  We bought electric
space heaters and window air conditioners all with
digital thermostats.  Our rooms were 74 degrees in the
summer and 68 in the winter.

That represents an 18% drop in energy use.

This year we're going to insulate our walls, which
have no insulation in them due to the age of the
house, and put a lot more insulation in our attic.
that should cut another 20% off our bill.