> > trouble down the road. Well, will have to take it a machine at a
> > time,
> > and maybe try Remote Desktop again (with a simpler cable
> > modem->router->PC setup) when/if I do run into trouble with UltraVNC

> > modem->router->on some other machine.
>
> A modem->router->router->PC setup should work as long as the outside
> router points at the inside router's "wan" IP and that inside router
> points to the inside PC... Why would you have two routers hooked up
> like that?

DSL modem and router 1 were in an attached house with long RJ45 wire to
router 2 in separate apt. Access was a pain, and I don't recall all the
details, but there was some gotcha involved. I am pretty sure that I did
try setting it up as you say, as that's how I generally understand it.
Oh well, simpler cable->router setup now.

Bill