MB Software Solutions wrote:
> Whil Hentzen (Pro*) wrote:
>
>> Ummm, I guess I wasn't clear. I want to see
>>
>> customer.init()
>> customer.SetCreditLimit()
>> customer.ProcessNewOrder()
>> customer.DisplayOrders()
>>
>> in debugo (along with parms, if I want) and I'm not sure that assert is
>> going to do that the way I want. <s>
>>

> Aaaah, I see/understand you now.  I'm blonde--it's take time sometimes.  ;-)
>
> I must confess that I've rarely if ever taken advantage of the DEBUGOUT
> command.  Cool function...just never really used it.  I can see how it'd
> be better than ASSERTS and/or WAIT WINDOWs though!
That is all I use anymore. When you have a multiple monitor setup you
can have the Debug Output window open in another monitor and life is good.

Along the lines of  Whil's idea I also use it whenever I have a TRY/CATCH.

TRY
    * some offending VFP code here
CATCH
    DEBUGOUT "****** OMG!!!!! something is seriously F#%#3D up here *******"