John Weller wrote:
> I'm intending to start using Linux shortly.  To that end I have played with
> VMWare and Ubuntu and then bought Whil's book on Linux for Windows users.
> As the book uses Fedora as the distro I went to download it.  It appears
> that I have to download 5 or 6 CDs.  Is that correct or am I missing
> something?  I only needed one for Ubuntu.

Yes, that is true.

The ubu install comes with a basic install and then it goes to the Web
for everything else.

The FC CDs come with 'everything under the sun'.

That said, once you install from CD, you'll want to do an update, which,
depending on what you chose to install, could end up grabbing a LOT of
updates.

My developer workstation installs generally run about 2 - 2.5 GB of
installed software, and then the download for updates is another 300-400 MB.

Whil