Are you saying you name the object "grd" from the class "ge_grd2chk"?

Anyhoo, any object in a form will have a class name in one memo field
and the classlib name in another memo field in it's record in either the
.scx or .vcx file that contains the form.

A simple fix to my chkstr routine (posted at Leafe.com) could check for
this...

Chet