Eyvind Axelsen <> wrote:

> The 3.0 version is actually just a set of classes that runs on the
> 2.0 version, so in order to run apps for version 3, you need to have
> version 2 installed. Kind of odd, me thinks...
>
> Anyway, since the 3.0 framework is just 2.0 with some new classes,
> Sedna should work equally well with both the 3.0 and the 2.0
> frameworks.

I am aware of that 2->3 issue.

I was asking for more details on this:
NET4COM brings together a small subset of the .NET Framework — a collection
of commonly used API that brings to VFP functionality that either did not
exist before or was cumbersome to implement.
Several VS 2005 features distill and surface common code patterns and
commonly referenced API in the form of the VB .MY namespace and Code
Snippets. We will derive our subset based on these.
This document describes the NET4COM library that will ship as part of the
Sedna release of Visual FoxPro. The NET4COM library will expose a set of COM
objects. These objects will ‘wrap’ a small part of the .NET Framework to
provide developers with a set of API that bring the power of the .NET
Framework to VFP

When I read the "small part" I wonder what they are putting in and
excluding?

I read through the functions they are exposing and was under whelmed. If you
could put a .dll into a fox project and consume functions within, then you
have a winner.  What you got was peanut shells off the floor at the tacky
steak restaurant.

Stephen Russell
DBA / .Net Developer

Memphis TN 38115
901.246-0159

"A good way to judge people is by observing how they treat those who
    can do them absolutely no good." ---Unknown

http://spaces.msn.com/members/srussell/

9:41 AM