On Mar 7, 2007, at 2:02 AM, MB Software Solutions General Account wrote:

> That *sounds* great, but my wife doesn't want to pay me all at
> once...I
> think she'd prefer the 20-year plan.....really.  And there's no way I
> want to wait any length of time for my share.  Heck, if I'm having to
> start over and letting her have the house, I should be paid...all at
> once, imo.
>
> The thing that pisses me off is that she never wants to be
> inconvenienced or uncomfortable, yet it seems to be ok if it's me
> whose
> stuck with that crap.  No way it would stand if it the roles were
> reversed.

        Of course. You're describing the typical divorce.

> I suppose the lawyer will tell me how it's gonna be.

        It should be more of you telling the lawyer how you want things to
be, and the lawyer doing what they can to make it happen. Remember
that old joke about a CEO interviewing several professions for a job,
and he asked each how much 2+2 was? The engineer did a series of
involved calculations to demonstrate that the answer was 4 with a
certain degree of certainty; the accountant did a series of double-
entry records, reconciling them to show that the answer was also 4.
The lawyer, though, went up to the CEO and whispered to him "How much
do you want it to be?"

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com