YAG makes the official comment on his blog:  Message to the VFP
Community at http://tinyurl.com/29yryg

It’s been a great time, and VFP will continue to support me for a long
time.  M$ bought Fox when it was in version 2.6 and at that time, it ran
on Unix, DOS, Mac, and Windows.  Now, Visual Foxpro only runs on
Windows,  but we're also on VFP 9.0!

I wished they didn't say that there wouldn't be a VFP 10 even though I
always knew there wouldn't be another version.  I just don’t want to
scare my customers.

In the mean time, I’ve got FoxForward to help implement.  It should be
interesting with Sedna having just come out, and no VFP 10 to speculate
about.  For development, I’m going to focus on learning REALbasic and Dabo.