On 3/17/07, mrgmhale <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Then again, I have seen the results of "consultants" who have basically
> pissed away a large amount of client capital (after getting their cut of
> course) chasing the Next Big Thing because it sounded cool, and M$ was so
> behind the Next Big Thing (Oracle too, and IBM, and even Novell at times).

To be fair, FOSS does a fair amount of this, too. I think we've
probably all seen this, with the "buzzterm of the day" whether that
was Aspect-Oriented Programming or Java or Ruby on Rails or Extreme
Programming. Not the fault of the technology, only it's over-hyping
and application where it might not apply by inexperienced
practitioners.

I had a guy put a "new technology" roof ridge on my house a couple
years ago. It was a disaster. This stuff happens in every industry.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC