Ted,
I just used those field names for simplicity. I know I've been bitten on
that - especially using Desc as an abbreviation for Description for a field
name in MySQL!

With regards to mixing RDBMS "features" in UML it is really surprising how
much you take VFP features for granted which speaks volumes for its pedigree
and design. As you say there is only one way to do it when you move platform
- the right way.

Having built our system up from day one over some 8 years you forget just
how complex the inter file relationships etc become and this has really
opened my eyes as to what a "complex system" we run here. Fortunately there
is very very little that I will have to redesign to run C/S which is good.

The problem I have is managing and phasing the migration to C/S with minimal
user disruption - but that is another new thread maybe not to mention a
whole bag of worms!

Dave Crozier

12:12