On 3/21/07, Matthew Jarvis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> AND WE TESTED THE BACKUPS!!

Bravo!

> What I've been wanting to do is upload the daily diffs offsite, but we
> just can't get enough bandwidth to push that much data over the wire,
> even if we give ourselves all day to do it... we're talking about 4G of
> data on a daily basis...

Do you really have 4G of data completely different on a daily basis?
I've got a client using rsync to backup their 70 Gb of Windows file
shares and home directories over a very slow line to an offsite host.
Takes a few minutes to a half-an-hour each night, since 99% stays
static. Now, if you wanted to back up binaries like DBFs, that might
be hard. But you should be able to backup text dumps of data pretty
fast. Check out rsync over ssh for security and speed. Works for me.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC