By 2015, I should be retired, so it doesn't matter much.

First choice is to continue with VFP9 & Sedna. For most of my customers and
potential customer base, this approach makes the most sense. We have
invested a lot of time in classes and libraries that work. We can put
together solutions very quickly and make decent money doing it.

Dabo (Python) would be the next choice. The cross platform aspects make it
more and more viable as time goes on. I suspect people will be turned off by
the Vista monster and go to Macs and PCs running Linux.

I looked at MS .Net and it seems like a big shift in thought process and not
necessarily a long lived approach.

I know nothing about REALBasic.

I looked at Java, but again it's a moving target. My brother and I worked on
a course a couple of years ago. A lot is different in Java today. We'd
probably have to start from scratch again. And it's not that easy.

C and C# is out. Too low level for the solutions I want to provide.

If a new IDE or 4GL comes along in the next few years, I'll have a look at
it.

<snip>