From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Alan Bourke
Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2007 10:32 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [NF] Hi, I'm PC and I'm a Mac... and I'm Linux

David Smith wrote:
> software ( Nobody does 3D tech like ID )
Crytech and Epic do!

> and anything
> The PS3: I firmly believe the PS3 is going to be number 2 in this console
> generation, second only to the Nintendo DS. The hardware is radically
> different than what developers are used to and there will be a 2+ year
> learning curve attached to it until you see the true power of the Cell
> processors. Sony's hardware is by far the most powerful out there,
> absolutely smoking everything else in the market. The high price ? Lack of
> games?
But the vast majority of the console audience is not hardcore, and
graphics are not the primary concern for them, hence the reason the Wii
has exploded - it's fun for casual gamers.

The PS3 might have superior hardware, but so did the 3DO, GameCube,
Saturn, Dreamcast ... and they all failed to one extent or another.