Hi folks,

I have inherited (ahem...) an app that includes a rudimentary email
function in one of its modules. It uses the 'mailto' and shellexecute
functions in Windows, primarily because the app used to be x-plat and
thus couldn't rely on Windows-only solutions.

The Windows part of the call looks like this:

m.mailcommand = "mailto:"; + m.realname + "<" + m.emailaddress + ">" +
"?subject=" + m.subject + "&body=" + m.message

declare integer ShellExecute in shell32.dll...
declare integer FindWindow in WIN32API...
=ShellExecute(FindWindow(....))

It works fine for short messages (@1000 bytes), but now they want to
send big ol' messages, like 10K to 20K. This current mechanism is
truncating those messages (I think at 1024.)

My options are...

Door #1: Find a way to use the current mechanism but allow it to use
much longer messages -> that's your first question.

Door #2: Find a different, Windows OS-only solution.

Door #3: Incorporate a third party utility such as BLAT (which I've seen
talked about here oodles) or ipstuff.

It'd be great if I could just alter the syntax of the current mechanism
to be able to include longer messages, but I don't know enough about how
that works to determine if it's a native limit or something artificial
imposed by this app.

Whil