> Could someone tell my why I would want to go to Vista?

Microsoft knows this. With every successive new OS, the reasons to
upgrade have been fewer and fewer. They're doing their best to
artificially create reasons-- making DirectX 10 only available on
Vista, making IE7 only available on Vista and XP(no W2K), I bet IE8
will only be available on Vista, and most importantly, it seems
they're paying off hardware manufacturers to not ship Windows XP
anyways-- just Vista... Far faster than in the past...

--
Derek