I don't know the drive time from the South Rim of the GC to this spot but
a WAG would be at least 3 hours one way if you drive real fast.  Road
conditions may not allow that as of now but a few years they will be
better.

<http://tinyurl.com/35n3tl>

DO LOOK DOWN: Tourists stroll on the Skywalk that extends 70 feet over the
western rim of the Grand Canyon. It costs $75 for a 15-minute walk ($50
for entrance to the reservation and $25 for the walkway). Tribal leaders
see a tourist bonanza, but critics see it sullying a natural wonder.

50.00 to enter the reservation, that is pretty steep!  I will bet that
your ability to purchase some fantastic Native American art and blankets
on the drive in and out will make it worth the time.  Make a stop or two
to view these pieces made locally.  Nothing out of China now a days!

For those of you who like to barter bring beer and liquor to trade with.
Reservations are usually dry.