It depends on your latitude as the error is one degree of longitude for 4
minutes of time.  In UK that would be about 8 nautical miles, say 9.5
statute miles, for 1 minute of time.

The other aspect of time however would be for a rendezvous with another
aircraft when both are travelling at 8 nm per minute.  I was on a SAC
bombing competition where we had to rendezvous above cloud with a Tornado
who popped up through the cloud and expected to find us at exactly the right
position and heading at the designated time in order to take on fuel and
then return to low level - interesting challenge!

John Weller
01380 723235
07976 393631