Think Microsoft is the only company having trouble shipping its OS
on time? Well, it may only be a 4-month delay instead of a 4-year
delay, but Apple today released the following statement:

iPhone has already passed several of its required certification tests
and is on schedule to ship in late June as planned. We can't wait
until customers get their hands (and fingers) on it and experience
what a revolutionary and magical product it is.

However, iPhone contains the most sophisticated software ever shipped
on a mobile device, and finishing it on time has not come without a
price -- we had to borrow some key software engineering and QA
resources from our Mac OS(R) X team, and as a result we will not be
able to release Leopard at our Worldwide Developers Conference in
early June as planned. While Leopard's features will be complete by
then, we cannot deliver the quality release that we and our customers
expect from us. We now plan to show our developers a near final
version of Leopard at the conference, give them a beta copy to take
home so they can do their final testing, and ship Leopard in October.

We think it will be well worth the wait. Life often presents
tradeoffs, and in this case we're sure we've made the right ones.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com