Well, I was trying to turn you on to perl with Komodo. <g>  I figured
you might even be interested in ActivePerl Pro Studio.  I figured it
wouldn't hurt to give perl a little plug as I scarcely ever hear it
meson around the forum as a viable option.

http://www.activestate.com/products/activeperlprostudio/

But Komodo is suppose to work well with many open source programming
languages, including perl, php, Tcl, python, and most recently ruby.  I
think Komodo is more mature under perl that any of the other languages.

I was disappointed to hear that Komodo's "step through code" feature
acted erratically under php.  I wasn't aware of that, and I just
recently paid $99 to upgrade to Komodo 4.0.  I've use Komodo almost
exclusively with perl, and both perl and Komodo have been great.  You
might consider turning in a bug report over on the Activestate site
about your problem with php under Komodo.

Regards,

LelandJ