From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of Bill Arnold
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2007 2:16 AM
To: 'ProFox Email List'
Subject: RE: [OT] Child support

Mike, did you work this out? Somehow it popped into my head tonight, and
it led to a line of thinking that I thought I'd mention.

Essentially, I'm thinking that since we live in an age of gender
equality, that should be the guide in this case. That is, calculate the
actual cost of providing the children with the basics, and split it
50/50, with frills/gifts/extras being contributory on a voluntary basis
(that's between the parent and the child).

Take living quarters for example. If it costs $2k/month, just for
example, for a place "suitable and customary" (is that the language?)
for her and the children, while it would cost $1k/month for a place to
live alone, then that's $1k/month attributable to the kids. Apply same
kind of thinking to other "basics of life": add it up and divide by 2.

Bill