On May 7, 2007, at 3:47 AM, Helio W. wrote:

> My answer to him was, "John, when people thought the earth was flat,
> they were wrong. When people thought the earth was spherical, they
> were wrong. But if you think that thinking the earth is spherical is
> just as wrong as thinking the earth is flat, then your view is wronger
> than both of them put together."

        That's exactly the sort of idiocy that passes for critical thinking
today. If something you don't like could have a slight possibility of
being shown to be only 99% accurate, it's perfectly OK to loudly and
repeatedly claim that that idea is 100% wrong. Evolution, global
warming, deforestation - all of this is dismissed with a wave of the
hand and a sneer because we don't (and possibly can't) know every
tiny detail involved.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com