On May 9, 2007, at 8:49 AM, Virgil Bierschwale wrote:

> I'm not religious at all, but I do believe that people have to
> learn right
> from wrong and if the ten commandments are used to teach them these
> things,
> then I'm all for it.

        The point is that it should be the parents who decide what to teach
their kids. It should be the parents who choose which religion, if
any, is used as the basis for their children's moral grounding. There
are schools for people who want their particular choice taught by the
teachers; public schools, OTOH, have to be available to all.

        Having the school hours devoted to teaching math, reading, science,
literature and the like is what we are talking about. That leaves
about 18 hours a day, plus weekends, holidays and the entire summer
to teach your kids whatever you feel is needed in the way of religion.

        This is what I meant by Christians being so whiney. It isn't enough
that they are free to practice their religion; when they are
prevented from acting as though they are the only religion deserving
of respect, they start whining and making up bullshit about how
everything was great until they were forced to treat other religions
as deserving of respect.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com