From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Pete Theisen
Sent: Wednesday, May 09, 2007 9:50 AM
To: Undisclosed.Recipients:
Cc: ProFox Email List
Subject: [OT] Race to the Bottom

Hi Everybody!

Interesting that the phrase was coined by US Supreme Court Justice Louis
Brandeis in the 1933 case, Ligget Co. v. Lee (288 U.S. 517, 558-559).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Race_to_the_bottom

We have had ten years of "Globalization", more or less. The rich are very
prosperous, and they argue that the poor are fully employed. The issue of
full-time workers' wages not constituting a living seems to be officially
ignored.

Bob Calco regularly posts interesting essays to the effect that import
tariffs
would solve this, however, these tariffs could lead to trade war. Never
mind,
though, it is nearly inconceivable that such a last century idea could pass
congress.

How do we (non-rich) start back up to the top?
--
Regards,

Pete
http://www.pete-theisen.com/