Paul,

> Laminate is really easy to lay.  All you need is a jigsaw to cut it to
> required lengths and the stuff just locks together.  Apparently it's
> best to start in the middle of the room and work outwards (not
> entirely sure why!).

I remember something about starting in the middle too. Something about rooms
not being square and having the eye follow the pattern right.

I like carpet too, but I know it won't hold up to our dogs and Steve's lungs
anyway so there's no point. All the other wood in the house is solid and it
bugged me to put down a laminate because it is a photograph of wood rather
than being real hardwood, but I guess I need to just get over it.

Kristyne