On Wednesday 16 May 2007 5:54 am, Virgil Bierschwale wrote:
> You're missing the point pete. If the attorney recused himself because their
>client admitted to them that they did it, then they deserve to go to jail

Hi Virgil!

You are missing the point, the constitution allows a guilty person counsel.
The counsel might advise a guilty plea, or if the government has a weak case
he/she may try to win it.

Being acquitted doesn't mean the guilty party hasn't been punished. The legal
fees are enormous, for one thing, and the victim may also sue and often wins.
Being acquitted just means the defendant doesn't go to prison. If the case is
so weak that the government can't prove it he/she should not go to prison.

--
Regards,

Pete
http://www.pete-theisen.com/