Andy Davies wrote:
> I wondered about a bit of xmlhttp scraping - thought I'd have a try, but:
>
> 'UK Official Holidays' appears to be offline or temporarily unavailable.

This is, however, active
http://www.dti.gov.uk/employment/bank-public-holidays/index.html
(although the data is not available in ical format)

Note (i) the (Northern) Irish get two more holidays than the English
(ii) in 2010, 28th Dec is a PH in lieu of 25th and 27th is a PH in lieu
of 26th - seems a bit back-to-front to me !

Paul Newton