From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Bill Arnold
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 9:08 AM
To: 'ProFox Email List'
Subject: RE: [NF] Those who do not study history are doomed to repeat it

> > Maybe I'm still being naïve, but this does beg the question of who
> > among us has a working arrangement with a VFP-savvy marketing
company
> > who understands how our world works and is willing to deal with us
on
> > an application specific - not framework, and not exclusive - basis?
> >
> > Dream on, huh? :)
> >

> Why don't you start such a company, Bill?  Iirc, the "other Bill" was
> interested in doing something like this a long time ago, but it never
> came to fruition.

You may be remembering me and the FoxBiz idea? I still think that and
the VFPDA were great ideas, they just lacked 'champions' willing to
devote the time and energy to make something like that happen.

But we do have to survive, and since it boils down to either selling or
getting a job, we wind up doing what we have to do.

Here's what I've got assembled:

- a demo system that unlocks with an activation key
- a CHM help file with emphasis on video demos
- a (joomla/php/mysql) website with a downloads area and support forum
- a telemarketing script
- a prospects database
- software to support telemarketing (tracking)
- a price list
- a software license
- VNC based remote support

And, last but not least, 2 successful customer/users.

That should cover the bases. Frankly, the missing piece is my own
reluctance to switch gears and start treating sales as job # 1.

Bill