> Why not.
> Outlook is excellent for sharing calendars, tasks, etc..
>
> Nothing better on the market if you're in the corporate world.

Yes, Outlook is awesome when hooked to an Exchange server. When in a
POP3 or IMAP configuration it is severely limited, as the
calendars/contacts/etc are stored locally in a PST file and shared
calendars, distribution lists, etc. don't work.

There's a connector from Bynari that supposedly lets a person at least
store the calendar items, tasks, contacts, etc. on an IMAP server, but
when I tried it, it was pretty horrible-- insisting on transfering
everything in the background, etc.-- it did not deal with my 1GB IMAP
mailbox very well at all, and didn't even download properly in the
background when I went to lunch. True, I'm not using one of their
"supported" IMAP servers, it did seem to work, just poorly...

--
Derek