> I'm wanting to write the delete and edit portions, so I added a field to sql
> server for the record number.

> When I display this screen, all of the info is text, but the record number
> is an int.
>
> What command converts a int to a string in the following code ??

VBScript, which it appears is what you're using, does implicit
conversions from integers to strings when concatenating it using the &
operator, saving you from having to convert ever single integer. If
you need to force it, you can use the CStr function.

Note that you MUST make sure you use a quote() function whenever you
create SQL where clauses-- never just use single quotes on either
side, even if the text shouldn't have any embedded apostrophes. It
appears the field you're getting is from the query string-- a
malicious individual could use SQL injection to delete records from
your tables, drop databases, etc...

As for a quote function, this is the one I often use:

Function quote(q_q)
 quote = replace(q_q, "'", "''")
End Function

--