You're full of crap -- we don't avoid baths!    :-)  :-)

As one who was there and remembers (a lot of it ), we didn't have much
worth "dropping into".  Dropping out and using "drugs" was the rational
response to the paternalistic, booze fed hypocrisy and insanity of the
50s/60s.  And for anyone paying attention, there's even less worth
"dropping into" now...

As for Open Source -- the values of the Open Source community are a
breath of fresh air...build it out of a sense of freedom and
intellectual curiosity and if you make a buck, cool, if not, you still
have the satisfaction of doing it.