Leland -
OK - that must be really recent, like within the last 10 days.
al-Sadr , prior, had been labelled an extremist and HIS Army being
responsible for a lot of the 'road to civil war' in Iraq. He's not a
member of the Taliban, he hates Al-Qaeda with a passion you can't imagine,
and has been influential since before Saddam (remember him?) got deposed.

But, now he's been labelled as a 'moderate cleric' ? Really ?!?!?
OMG. Mondo Switcheroo, imo..

Suffice it to say he finally raised enough money to hire a good
public-relations firm, and it's apparently working out very well.

IF in fact things come about as you have quoted, I would be happy - as
nothing else has worked - it's time for a different plan.  Iraqi home rule
has to work somehow, and if he's up to really not supporting a civil war
between all factions, he'll make sure his followers do not sustain one.
But - it might be a genocide too - hard to tell at this stage. Maybe
someone convinced him that 'control of the oil' is a good thing? I would
think so, since lots of oil gets smuggled out of Iraq, resold to fund
Al-Qaeda in Pakistan and the Taliban in Afghanistan. Again, he hates these
two groups.

Pray, Leland, TELL ME what source you got this one from? (If I missed it,
my apologies, I had only read Bob Calco's Response to You).

Mondo Road to Recovery!
[Bill]
PS - be nice, you know I don't swim in OT often.
--
William Sanders / efGroup {rmv the DOT BOB to reply}
VFP Webhosting? You BET! -> http://efgroup.net/vfpwebhosting