On 5/26/07, Michael Madigan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Additionally, certified doesn't mean you can bring a
> project in on budget and have it work.

No, there are complete bleeding idiot paper MCSEs (or pick your
certification) out there. I don't claim certification says anything
more than the student pass one or a series of tests. Some people test
well, some people can't. People who can pass tests might not be able
to work in the real world at all.

> This is not a "one size fits all" industry.
>
> I can provide a Foxpro solution, or an Oracle
> solution.  Which one is right?

Well, and especially to someone impartially outside of both solutions,
there are generally accepted soltutions.

Picking up the earlier citation of medicine, there are commonly
accepted practices, but there's  a surprising amount of variation
beyond and within those practices.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC