At 2007-06-03 23:12, Paul Newton wrote:
>I have been a great fan of PowerDesk Pro and have lately been looking at
>Directory Opus but there are some features of the old PC Tools for
>Windows (or was it Norton Desktop for Windows ?) file finders that I
>really miss.  In particular, one could specify (and save for re-use)
>*arbitrarily* defined:(i) search locations and (ii) file specifications.

-snip-

>Can anybody recommend a file finder (either standalone or as part of
>a file manager like Powerdesk) with this kind of functionality ?

Definitely. Invest some time in Total Commander
(<http://www.ghisler.com>) and I think you would find that and much,
much more...

>PS For anybody using PowerDesk or similar, I would say that
>Directory Opus is definitely worth taking a look at

Well, I AM a registered user of Directory Opus - but that was at the
dawn of time on the Amiga - and still there is no OS that can
multitask as well as it could - on a 4.77 Mhz CPU if memory serves me right...

* Dan Olsson
* <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
* <http://www.dolittle.se>