MB Software Solutions wrote:
>> One of the all-time great quotes from a MSFT marketer at LA Fox re: .NET
>> 1.0 -- "Companies are throwing out their mission critical applications
>> sight unseen to rewrite them in the beta version of .NET [1.0]."
>>

> That's absolutely absurd!  Talk about fools drinking the kool-aid!  What
> a freakin' idiot.  He was paid to say crap like that...regardless of how
> ludicrous it was.
But you see, it wasn't a lie.

"Companies (Revlon/Dell may have been the only two but that's good
enough for the plural designation) are throwing out their mission
critical applications sight unseen (especially if Microsoft Consulting
came to them and said something along the lines of "We'll write and
install a brand new application for you for free if you'll allow us to
promote it") to rewrite them in the beta version of .NET [1.0]."

MSFT didn't lie per se, but to intentionally deceive -- (another quote
from the same individual) -- "That's just business."

Bill