IBM has adopted a number of OS(s) to run on its hardware.

1)  IBM's MVS which is now call OS/390
2)  IBM's UNIX which is called AIX
3)  Red Hat's Linux
4)  IBM's OS/2
5)  There are no doubt many more.

There are many OS choices when it come to IBM.  I think IBM will
definite put its stamp on Red Hat's Linux, but whether IBM will replace
Red Hat's RPM, (eg RedHat's Package Management), with something along
the lines of IBM's SNP seem doubtful to me.  The most basic feature of
Linux, (eg the kernel), will continue to be controlled by the Open
Source Community under the Open Source License.  Since there are many
different distributors of Linux with each distributor having their own
package management application, its not clear to me how IBM could
influence Linux package management as a whole, since IBM has partnered
with Redhat to run its distribution of Linux on IBM hardware.

I do think IBM will have a definite influence on Redhat's distribution
of Linux for the IBM 390 and z series mainframes, though.

You can find more information on this subject by doing a google on
"Linux on IBM Mainframe".  Below is an article you will enjoy.

http://linuxlookup.com/2007/may/09/ibm_and_red_hat_announce_worldwide_enterprise_linux_on_mainframe_program

or

http://tinyurl.com/yq9ybc

Regards,