Hi all

I have pretty much given up on finding a native SVG editor that can act
as an OLE server.  So, thinking about alternative approaches,
 I could display the SVGDoc in an embedded viewer but do the editing of
the SVG directly and then reload the changed/edited SVGDoc.

Two approaches come to mind.  Firstly a tool that could work along the
lines of  this pseudo-code:

oSVG = CREATEOBJECT(SVGTool)
oSVG.Document = "MySVGDoc"
*- oSVG and oSVG.Document have Properties and Methods to get/set the
attributes of entities/shapes
*- Make the changes using the PMs of oSVG and oSVG.Document
oSVG.Document.SaveAs(MyNewFile)

Any suggestions for such a tool ?

OR,

FILETOSTR(SVGDoc)
* Make changes
STRTOFILE(SVGString)

If I use this approach, it would be  nice  to have a tool that can load
SVG documents and display them in a treeview so as to make finding and
navigating to elements/shapes easier if I have to manipulate the SVG
myself directly.

Any suggestions for this ?

Paul Newton