On 6/12/07, Michael Madigan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Why oh why would anyone use it before the first
> service pack, unless they were testing their software
> on it?

Because it comes pre-installed on new PCs.

> I don't want to install it yet because it introduces
> an unknown into very stable systems I have set up.

It could be a problem when your customers start using it.  Can you be
100% sure your apps are Vista compatible?  They tightened security in
Vista.  No longer can you write to the 'program files' folder or the
root of drives unless you're running as admin.  To be fair on MS
they've been telling us this since NT4.

--
Paul