On Jun 23, 2007, at 12:40 AM, Leland F. Jackson, CPA wrote:

> Recent studies indicate the present tactic of preemptive war is
> aggravating the terrorist treat, rather than reducing it, making our
> country less safe.

        Believers in the pre-emptive war approach nearly always see
terrorism as a force without a cause: that "those people" are simply
violently evil by nature, and we need to eliminate them in the name
of self-preservation. They don't even consider the possibility that
they may be people like us, but whose passions have been inflamed by
years of suffering that opportunists there have blamed on America.
These opportunists have used this sentiment to build their own power
base, and our actions there, starting with our military presence in
their Holy Lands, and continuing with our unprovoked invasion of
Iraq, have only served to validate the rantings of these
opportunists. Now these opportunists look wise, as we have behaved
exactly as they said we would, so the people there see them as
legitimate, and they are now attracting more and more people to their
cause every day as a result.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://leafe.com
-- http://dabodev.com