I have used a Symbol SPT1500 which was Palm based and it worked quite well.
There was a program called Pdragon forms (I think that's the name) but I
have also used Satellite Forms and think that program works better and has
better support.

I set up the form to scan a bar code and then it looked up the information
on that item in the table on the unit - you entered the quantity needed -
and it generated an invoice on a thermal printer.  The user could scan items
in a sporting goods store, get them from the truck, and give the customer an
invoice along with the items.

We also used it for taking inventory.  Scan and enter the quantity.

The software would hot synch to an Access database and I would use ODBC to
transfer the data both ways.

The Symbol units worked very well and rarely missed a scan.

Jeff

Jeff Johnson
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
623-582-0323