-----Original Message-----
From: Pete Theisen
Sent: Thursday, June 28, 2007 12:52 PM

Hi Everybody!

Years ago I purchased Windows 2000 Professional with the intention of
installing it on my own personal use machine. I scoured the web for the best
price and got it for $64 shortly after XP was introduced. Then all this FUD
started about it not being "authentic" so although I installed it briefly I
never used it.

Now I am retired, my machine is in my HOME, and I don't care if my Windows
2000 that I paid $64 for is "authentic" or bootlegged or whatever. If M$
didn't want it bootlegged they never should have distributed it. I think
mine actually came from M$ but was just sold to me at a price they didn't
like.

Question then - how to install this so it never reaches the web, and has no
direct access to the Linux part of the machine, where most everything will
be. I just need windows for a couple of things that Linux has no software
for, perhaps it will need to see external media, printer and scanner. Some
open source virtual machine is what I need? Anyone have a recommendation?
--
Regards,

Pete
http://www.pete-theisen.com/