Hi All,

I've got a problem with a site that has me stumped.

Our app has a feature where users can write their own reports using
Word.  The app creates an Excel sheet and fires up a user-created Word
document that is linked to the Excel sheet and perform a mail merge.
Works great and is in use in many sites.  All done using Automation.

Now we have a new site (a Hotel) that is about to go live.  The site
was previously installed by our agent in Ireland and was working OK.

Yesterday they reported a problem.  Office reports were only working
on 2 out of the 4 PCs.  Today it's only 1 out of 4.  It looks like our
app cannot create an instance of Word -
CreateObject("word.application") seems to be failing.

They've tried re-installing Office and running as Domain Admin but
still no joy.  Also tried opening Word before running the report but
still no luck.

I'm running out of ideas here and the hotel is going live tomorrow.
They use these reports to print welcome letters etc for the guests so
it's quite important.

I created a .VBS script that works the same way and this opens Word fine.

Does anyone have any ideas?  Could it be a group policy or other
security setting???

Help!

--
Paul