No, I don't need one. I just got one.

Woke up this morning and got ready to go for my morning ride. Been doing
an hour up north into the 'country' (iow, no stoplights) before the rest
of the family wakes up; it's truly glorious.

And as I'm tying my shoes, I click the little button on my main
workstation, and find I don't have a network connection. Aw crap. So I
look over to the spare workstation. No network connection there, either.
Hmmmm, not good. I'm fearing a server failure. Check on the test machine
behind me....

"Something bad happened."

Down to the server room in my bike shorts, find the server working fine.
A few minutes of fiddling, and it looks like the hub is the culprit.

This is one of those "If I screw around with it just a few more minutes,
I'll end up spending two hours on it and miss my ride." So I just blow
it off and leave.

After my ride, I plug in an old hub and the machines are back on line.
OK, so that proves the point of failure. But the old hub is a
0.001/0.010 8 port, so I head out to the store... pick up a 24 port
gigabit switch.

Plug it in and it is NIFTY.

Little blinking lights even indicate how fast each connection is; green
for 1000, yellow for 100, and a little smiley sticking its tongue out
for 10.

Mebbe I have to pull new cable for some of the machines around here. :)

Things don't always work out that well that quickly, ya know....

Whil