On 7/5/07, Derek Kalweit <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> If Windows went down 74% to 64.8% and Linux went up 8.8% to 11.8%,
> that means Linux only got 3% of the 9.2% drop in the windows market--
> where did the rest go?

Lies, damned lies, and statistics, Derek. The "article" is only a
press release, so I suppose we'd need to read the study for more
information. But I'd guess OpenSolaris took a chunk. If they don't
count BSD under the Linux moniker (and them's fighting words in some
corners), that could account for some of it, too.

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC