Paul Newton wrote:
> Leland F. Jackson, CPA wrote:
>
>> If you have a framework, you can build small programs or test code and
>> save them in a project for easy retrieval the next day or week.  Then
>> you can add functionality a little at a time.  Also, the framework
>> usually provide example code, templates, and help files to get someone
>> going in a hurry.   A command window is fine, but limited, as the code
>> go away when the window is closed.  I believe its better to have
>> test/learn code in a file that can be run and debugged.
>>

> Leland
>
> Thats's very true but at least in VFP, with the PM, you can do as you
> say - build small programs, test code etc - WITHOUT any framework.

To me, frameworks are great for not "reinventing the wheel"--however,
for brand newbies to programming (like my nephew), they at least need to
understand what goes into making that wheel to some extent, imo, and the
framework short-circuits that learning.  Again...to me, it's all about
the fundamentals.

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC