So what are we waiting for?

One of the guys on our waiting list for a puppy is going to be shipped out
to Iraq shortly after his wedding this month. Other guys that have our dogs
are there now. My stepson Josh was an Army Reservist that got activated and
sent to the gulf during the first Bush's war. Steve and I feel so strongly
that these fine people should not be wasted on the action in Iraq.

We also worry that Tom, the guy that's getting married this month, will come
back a different person like so many of the others. We are creating an
entire generation of men and women with mental and physical damage from a
war we have no business extending. And we know better! Vietnam within our
memories. Steve is a veteran of that time. He would have been in Vietnam
himself if not for a medical discharge due to lung damage suffered at Fort
Ord as he was finishing his training as a helicopter mechanic.

We are dealing with his weak lungs even today.

Kristyne McDaniel