From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Behalf Of mrgmhale
Sent: 19 July 2007 14:00
To: profox@leafe.com
Subject: RE: Slow load of runtimes

Wow, I thought only I had run across that kind of loopback on a LAN <g>...
In the case where I saw it, the entire network went down immediately after
some folks began to migrate cables to a new set of switches.  I got the call
after everything crashed.  I asked what they had changed just before it all
crashed.  "Nothing, we just started moving cables from the old hubs to the
new switches, then it all stopped working.  We think we have a bad switch
out here."  I had then double check to make certain they did not have two or
more cables uplinking to any "child switches".  Sure enough, there was a
duplicate uplink.  They unplugged the offending cable the "new, broken
switch" was suddenly fixed <g>...

Gil