MB Software Solutions wrote:
> I found a client "in the field" where this control wasn't present on
> their system.  I'm adjusting my Inno setup to compensate for this.  Must
> this file reside in the {sys} folder and be registered or can it just be
> put into the {app} (application) folder?

Found this on the fox.wiki:

    Some ActiveX <http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki%7EActiveX> files
    (such as MSCOMCT2.OCX) have the OLESelfRegister
    <http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki%7EEdit%7EOLESelfRegister> property
    (seen in the Version tab of the file properties dialog) which can
    result in unintended and undesirable situations if the control
    self-registers to the wrong place.

    This can occur when running an application without installing it,
    such as from from a folder on a server, CD ROM, USB stick, etc. When
    the application uses an ActiveX
    <http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki%7EActiveX> control that is not
    registered on the workstation, but for which a copy exists in the
    EXE folder, the copy will be used and will register itself using the
    mapped drive or UNC path of the EXE folder. This then becomes the
    registered location for the OCX, and when it is changed or removed
    the controls in the OCX are no longer usable. Using Reg Svr 32
    <http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki%7ERegSvr32> or similar techniques
    to register an instance of the OCX in a suitable folder (typically
    %SystemRoot%\SYSTEM32) is usually corrective. Jeff Zanin
    <http://fox.wikis.com/wc.dll?Wiki%7EJeffZanin>

Nevermind.  fyi for those who might have been wondering the same thing
at some point or who search for this in the archive.  <g>  Looks like
I'll have my Inno script install it to the {sys} folder and then
register it.

--
Michael J. Babcock, MCP
MB Software Solutions, LLC